Sunday, July 5, 2009

Two Weeks and counting

I am officially two weeks out from my second bodybuilding competition. The last two weeks have been difficult to say the least. I have pushed myself both mentally and physically during this time - sometimes it has turned out good - sometimes it has laid me on my butt. This is all a part of the journey.

I have had to dig deep several times to just get through the day. I spent 4 nights on my feet bartending a music festival- i literally felt like i had someone elses legs on. sometimes i barely made it through my workouts- but i dug deep and did.

I still have 13 days to go- the next week is the most intense for me- after that i am like a horse to the barn. the light is at the end of the tunnel and i know i can do it

i spend a lot of time visualizing myself on stage- visualizing the steps to get there- sometimes just visualizing- -----

sometimes i wonder why i do this to myself- other times i cant imagine not doing this- the end results are amazing- there is no feeling like being on stage- presenting all your hard work- it is truely a rush!!! this rush gets me through the fatique of the last two weeks.

So as i count down the days and workouts leading up to the competition i think of what it has taken me to get here. each step makes me stronger and more determined and more successful in all areas - the journey is worth it- because even when I stumble- I still move forward.

I do this not only for myself , but for my family- it is important to me that my daughters see me struggle and get through each step and finish my journey. Too many people give up right before they feel the glory.

so as I go to rest and renew tonight- i count down one more day, one more workout, one more posing session, plyos, cardio, etc. each a stepping stone in my journey

Lori

2 comments:

  1. Yeah Muds you are almost there :) I love the last two weeks, I love the way you describe it makes me feel like I'm there with you :) Keep going strong, make every second count :) A true champion :) You should feel so proud of all you have accomplished :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks tina- that means a lot coming from someone that has defintely been there. One day we will have to do a comp together.

    ReplyDelete